Claudette MacKay-Lassonde Pavilion (Spencer Engineering Building)
This project was an addition to Western University’s Spencer Engineering Building – the addition was named The Claudette MacKay-Lassonde Pavilion (CMLP). This building was certified as LEED silver.
This project was the first building on the Western campus to be designed and certified LEED. The building featured built-in teaching points regarding concrete mix designs, load paths, etc. The addition also included at green roof which surrounds the rooftop mechanical penthouse, and a small solar panel array.
The predominantly cast-in place structure is approximately 45,000sf in gross area. It houses a four storey feature atrium, student lounge area, and labs for various student clubs which include the Sunstang, the WETT concrete toboggan, etc. The upper floors of the building are devoted to teaching and research laboratories. The project included a link bridge connecting CMLP to the Thompson Engineering Building.
Shore Tilbe Irwin & Partners and Cornerstone Architecture Inc.
1151 Richmond St, London, ON N6A 3K7, Canada